Solved

Privacy setting for Person Contact to reflect Organisation Privacy setting

• 6 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m not sure if something might already exist or if this would need to be a feature request.

Wanted to know if there was a way to set the Privacy of a Person Contact to show visability of communication connected to their contact card to only those who are also part of the client team for the organisation.

Eg. “John” has sent an email to us (CBC) this email is automatically connected to “John” as a personal contact, then connected to any relevant work & Organisation “Company A” that applies.

“John” has a Public privacy setting, but “Company A” is Private. The email can still be seen by everyone at CBC (total 10 people) from the timeline for “John” but we want to limit the privacy to that of the Organisation for this email now that it has been connected to “Company A” (client team of 4).

We have a few person contacts, that are connected to multiple Organisations. And these Organisations have different client teams, we would like to limit visibility by Organisation and still have the option to see emails from “John” not connected to an Organisation in his timeline.

icon

Best answer by max 7 September 2022, 15:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Voted. 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

YES! That is basically what I was asking, you have put this in better words than me. I will put in a feature request and I might borrow some of your wording. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m struggling to understand, lol, but that’s not a new thing. 😀

You want all staff to see the person contact, but not all the communication connected to the person contact. You want the restrictions to be based on if communication is connected to a private organization, and if so, stay connected to the person contact but not visible only to the people who have visibility to the organization.

Right now, Karbon’s visibility rules are liberal, meaning an email’s visibility reverts to the highest visibility rule applied. And, if I’m getting this right, you want the rules to be conservative, meaning apply most strict visibility rule applied to the communication.

Is that right?

If so, put in a feature idea, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @max ! You are correct but we also want to still have the email connected to the person contact as well as the organisation. We follow the option you mentioned above, but still leave the person connected as well. It is a similar thing with notes created, they get connected to the relevant Organisation but if they also happen to relate to the Person we will also add to that contact card as well.

I was wondering if there was a way to restrict the visibity without creating a client team for the Person. As there could be information on Company A that we don’t want everyone on the client team for Company B to see. But we still want to connect the Person to know who email/called and also be able to search the Person timeline for emails sent to us.

We are a small company and still want everyone to be able to see Person contacts in Karbon to be able to view contact details (Name, email, phone number etc) but do not nessesarily want everyone to see all information for a Company that is Private if they are not on the client team. But with the Person contact still being Public anything connected to this timeline is visible to everyone.

I hope that makes a bit more sense? I’m pretty sure what I am asking isn’t currently possible in Karbon at the moment though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I could be wrong about this, but email visibility depends on privileges to see he email, not the context in which it’s being seen. If the email is on multiple time lines and a staff member has rights to see the email on one timeline, they will have rights to see it on all timelines to which they have access.

One option would be to add the email to only the appropriate timelines. If the email comes in and is for Company A, have it automatically add to the person contact and then manually add it to the appropriate organization contact.

I may be misunderstanding your situation, though.