Solved

Printing Templates or Work

• 15 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We are planning a review of our templates and looking to update as needed.  Given that there are multple staff involved - it would be create if we could print or download templates into a spreadsheet and make our updates off line before adding online.

Is there a way to print templates?

icon

Best answer by max 16 July 2022, 00:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Ken Rogers, I do not believe there is a way to print or export the templates. I would love to be able to export and import templates in XML or JSON format so that we could edit them in a collaborative setting and re-import them.

If you put in a feature idea, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀

One option you have is to use a shared spreadsheet with all of your steps and sections marked out and then use the spreadsheet as reference to adjust the actual template once everyone agrees.

You could also use something like Visio or LucidChart to build a process map and use that as a reference point for building your template. This is my preferred method of designing and updating processes and the associated templates.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Here is a link to the feature request

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Voted! Don’t forget to vote yourself. 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

voted!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Not a beautiful work-around, but you could print it to a PDF (hiding the sidebar to make it look a little nicer). Not great, but may get the job done in the meantime??...

Hi there! This is something we tried doing as well. I actually reached out to Karbon support and they were able to extract an Excel file for us listing all of our templates and their details (descriptions, tasks etc). I hope this helps!