Question

Our invoicing needs

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

I would like to start with first and foremost our company is not an accounting firm we are a building design firm. With that in mind we understand that our needs may differ from Karbons core audience and users.

I have a few questions regarding the introduction of the invoicing features particularly around the functionality of it the system. Though it would be beautiful to use Karbon for invoicing our confusion is ten fold.

We are unable to export to Xero as well as send through Karbon? How is this going to affect our accountants and bookkeepers as they get out data from Xero?

Will this affect the reconciliation process in Xero? Is the only way for us to use the system by creating an invoice in both systems?

All of your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ethan

Administrative Operations Manager

Design Australia Group.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ethan,

I thought I answered some of this for you on your first thread 😅

The idea is that you either send the invoice from Karbon or export it to Xero, not both 🙂

Here is how to setup billing

Here is how to use billing (approve and send or export to Xero)

We are unable to export to Xero as well as send through Karbon? How is this going to affect our accountants and bookkeepers as they get out data from Xero?

Correct

When clients/customers pay, the amount received will be in bank feeds in Xero and your bookkeepers can record it as income against Sales with GST on Income.

Alternatively, I believe Karbon has the ability to summarise your Karbon billing and give you a monthly export file to import into Karbon which will journal in the Income, GST and Debtors. In this situation your bookkeeper would record the amounts received in bank feeds against the debtors.

Will this affect the reconciliation process in Xero? Is the only way for us to use the system by creating an invoice in both systems?

Yes, whatever you decide will change how you do it in Xero, but with bank feeds, you should always have a way to reconcile Xero correctly. No, it’s one way but not the only way.

I’d suggest you need to get your bookkeeper up to speed with how you intend to use Karbon and the options available to them to keep Xero up to date with Karbon billing/income.

Does that help? 🙂