Question

My Week "To Plan" šŸ˜¬

• 13 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Am IĀ the only one thinking Iā€™m finally getting a grip on My Week, then notices there are 218 things in ā€œTo Planā€ that needed to get done yesterday? šŸ˜² šŸ˜± šŸ˜¬ šŸ˜– šŸ¤¬ šŸ˜”

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I feel like itā€™s getting better! And the satisfaction is real when you get also get a grip on To Plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I had a similar reaction, lol. I was like, ā€œWow, this is manageableā€ until I kept scrolling through the tabs and was like, ā€œOh, there are all my backlogged itemsā€.

My team has really started to use and depend on it, though. We really like My Week.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Jeremy WellsĀ Ā Yes, this is an issue weā€™ve had, as we are learning we need to choose theĀ planned week each time we set up a work item.Ā  Simple, but sometimes I forget.

The biggest issue weā€™ve had is with recurring items.Ā  Because the default seems to set up work items to be created 3 months before they start, if I make the adjustment on the recurring template, we donā€™t see the work item go into My Week by themselves until they start creating new work items.

Which is a bit of a painā€¦Ā Unfortunately we had to manually go through the Work itemsā€¦Ā in list view, sorted by date, and one by one manually choose the Planned Week for any ā€œNo Week Plannedā€ itemsĀ until all of our recurring items had a planned week.

After doing this (what seems like 2-3 times just to make sure we got them all), it seems items are flowing into My Week now as the recurring templates set up the new work items.

So, once we got through the initial transition, it seems to be going well.Ā 

Until I forget to plan a week when setting up a workĀ item, lol

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It definitely takes some time to get things set up properly but my team is reporting that they are really liking My Week.Ā  I, myself, am a little behind but working on it.