Solved

My Week Questions

• 4 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello Fellow Peers! 

So far we have only lightly started using My Week, but will need to be fully experienced in using My Week by the end of the year.  Now that I am really digging into it, I’m curious if everyone else who is using it more already has the answers:

1. Is there a way to filter My Week to show completed Notes and Work?  There is no quick way to see if they are completed without clicking on them.
  2. When the To-Do list goes away, how will we know something has been moved to Done (by accident) if it hasn’t been completed yet?
  3. What happens in situations where the Work is assigned to you, but then you also have a task assigned to you within that Work?  If you mark the task complete, the whole thing in My Week will then show that all your task are complete, and if you aren’t paying attention, might move the whole thing to Done even though there are a bunch of open task.  I think maybe the most obvious answer is to to either have all your tasks assigned to you, or none of them (considering the whole Work is assigned to you), but I’m curious to see what everyone thinks.
icon

Best answer by Terri Warren 4 August 2022, 23:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Fellow Peers! 

So far we have only lightly started using My Week, but will need to be fully experienced in using My Week by the end of the year.  Now that I am really digging into it, I’m curious if everyone else who is using it more already has the answers:

1. Is there a way to filter My Week to show completed Notes and Work?  There is no quick way to see if they are completed without clicking on them. Each work item in My Week will be grayed out if the work item is completed or if all of your own tasks are completed. It will also state on it whether the entire work item is complete or if all of your tasks are completed. I agree, it would be helpful to have a color differentiation on those work items that you are the assignee for, where all of your tasks are completed but the work is still outstanding. This would help to prevent accidental moving to done.
  2. When the To-Do list goes away, how will we know something has been moved to Done (by accident) if it hasn’t been completed yet? Not quite sure I understand. If an item (note, work, email) is in My Week, it will not be moved to done automatically. You have to physically move it there. Am I understanding the the question?
  3. What happens in situations where the Work is assigned to you, but then you also have a task assigned to you within that Work?  If you mark the task complete, the whole thing in My Week will then show that all your task are complete, and if you aren’t paying attention, might move the whole thing to Done even though there are a bunch of open task.  I think maybe the most obvious answer is to to either have all your tasks assigned to you, or none of them (considering the whole Work is assigned to you), but I’m curious to see what everyone thinks. See my response in #1. I agree with you. It would be helpful to have something that differentiates a work item is completed vs just your tasks when the work is still incomplete.

Great questions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Terri Warren Thanks for taking the time to answer! 

If I am recalling correctly, they don’t automatically move to Done because they want you to decide whether it is actually complete or not.  I like your idea of a different color, because if you are not paying close enough attention, it’s the same color as Work that is fully completed.  I can see myself in a rush moving a bunch of things to Done and not realizing some of them need to stay in This Week.  If I do realize that I made a mistake and accidently moved something to Done, I don’t think there is a good way to filter out Work in there that is not actually completed yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@BrooksW great questions and @Terri Warren great responses.  I agree adding in a color would definitely help.

Another item to keep in mind is that there has been a lot of chatter and requests to Karbon to automatically move items in My Week to done if the work is completed.  I feel like this would definitely help cut down on the clutter and manual changes we have to make, and would hopefully help prevent the accidental clicks to move something to done, when indeed it’s not.  Hopefully Karbon can make this happen!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@kylenecarse That is an interesting thought.  If the Work isn’t there (automatically moved to Done when Completed), then there is no concern.  But, if it’s showing as Done in This Week (grey line), then just by the fact of it being there we would know that the Work is Complete.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@BrooksW 

Interesting info: one thing I learned from our awesome CSM is the intention of My Week being something that is purposefully reviewed. Automating to move things to done would alter that intention.

Also, leaving things in My week to move to done also helps in the upcoming delegate feature announced in Karbon X. Anyone that has delegated their emails can see what has been assigned to them and completed and move them to done upon return. Keeping that context of what has been done. 

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to allow for multiple task to be selected to bulk “cancel” or “Complete” your assigned task prior to moving to “Done”?  If the task are not cancelled or completed prior to moving them to done they remain open & wont trigger the workflow automation for the next person & remain open task.  This can be helpful in clearing repetitive work flows that have spilled into the next time slot.