Question

My Week ... Each Section (ie In Progress) Sort order

Is there a way to sort within a section. For example inside In Progress … sort alphabetically. There does not seem to be be any logical way that they have landed in there and there is not a sort option.

Cheers,

Mary-Clare

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello Mary,

The sort features are based on the settings you choose here:

Here’s what Karbon support told me about sorting in kanban:

If you’d like greater control over how kanban works, you might consider voting for this feature idea:

I would love to see more granular control over kanban sorting. 😀

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

In my opinion, the my week are things that you want to work on this week. 

If this is something that isn’t needed yet, then you can defer to another week.

I use a mix of the my week and still use the reporting and filter the jobs based on due date to focus on the order of the review work.

Not sure if I’m able to provide any insight or not here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I apologize. I misunderstood your question. Disregard my comment as it relates to kanban and not My Week. There are others here who are much better at My Week than I am. 😀

@max - no problem!

@Coral  - The amount of Works that we are working on each week is large so they all belong in ‘This Week’ … it would be nice to sort ‘In Progress’ alphabetically to make it easier to find a Work (no search bar either) in ‘This Week’

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Mary-Clare Switz I believe the default sorting for Work (in My Week and in some other sections of Karbon) is Due Date (earliest first, latest last), which I think is reasonable

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mary-Clare Switz 

Would it be helpful, since alphabetical does not appear to be an option, to create sub statuses for In Progress to break the in progress work up in My Week to make the groupings easier to search by scroll?

You can add sub statuses through Settings/Workflow - our list includes a number of stages the work could be in while ‘in progress’ like Onboarding / Prep / Working on it / LB Review / Follow Up, etc.  You can set up what ever works for your team.  

My Week does group by the sub status which might make it more manageable to scroll through.  Of course this all depends on the team updating the status as they go - something we have to work on (automators can be your friend here).

Hopefully that will help a little.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sub-statuses are 🔥🙌🏾

@Victoria Peters - good thought, but would not be useful for us. We are a bookkeeping firm so all the Work this week waiting for action are the same status. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Mary-Clare Switz, I too want more options to sort by in my week, including the ability to search by client.  I feel a bit constrained in My Week when I’m trying to find specific items because of how they are organized… so I end up going to the kanban, but would love to be able to mostly stay within My Week to do the sorting I would like. 

I would like customization of sort options… similar to the Kanban, but within My Week, so I can choose how I want to search items rather than a generic list of search options across the top…. I don’t use 75% of them because they haven’t been useful for me in most cases yet.  I would have to do a lot of optimization for those tags to be helpful.  In the long term, that’s gr

eat, but the short term it’s a nuisance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@David Perry you can vote for filters in My Week, here
You can also use Ctrl+F and type the client to find them when you’re on My Week. I recommend keeping your My Week (like Triage) tidy and not trying to have too much on each week!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thank you @SamG, and lol, not trying to have too much in My Week is the goal for sure.  When items are due, they are due and set according to our deliverables.  Glad Karbon is helping me disperse the work to my team that’s helping a ton 😃 

Control F trick is interesting, it highlights the keyword I type in to the search-ish bar.  Is that what you are referring to it doing?  That at least gives me a way to scroll through keywords or client names faster! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes that’s what I meant, just your browsers native search function. Glad it helps and also awesome to hear Karbon is helping you disperse work to your team, nice! 😀