Question

My Week and Working on Now

• 26 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Our team has noticed that work items that they have opened are appearing in the Working on Now section automatically. It was my understanding that user has to move items into and out of this section according to their own work flow. 

Has this happened for anyone else? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

They moved to working on now when you start a timer for those work items. 

That was a recent enhancement.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@max  “recent enhancement” 🤣

Do you know if it is starting a timer only or would it also include entering a time entry?

Either way think I’ll need to see if there is a way to turn off that enhancement. We start entering time to tax projects in 4Q for the upcoming year. Rather not have hundreds of work items showing up in the working on now due to our planning activities. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I got my answer. It was an enhancement in July. I would like to have a way to turn it off.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@max  “recent enhancement” 🤣

Do you know if it is starting a timer only or would it also include entering a time entry?

Either way think I’ll need to see if there is a way to turn off that enhancement. We start entering time to tax projects in 4Q for the upcoming year. Rather not have hundreds of work items showing up in the working on now due to our planning activities. 

Agreed. I know some folks have requested this but there is not cookie cutter solution here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

For those that would like to voice your thoughts via an upvote of letting each Firm control what shows up in Working on Now rather than having a timer decide this, I have created a Feature Idea: Working on Now - Firm Control

They moved to working on now when you start a timer for those work items. 

That was a recent enhancement.

Does it move to working on now for everyone or just the person working on the item?  I’m new, and my working on now is pretty full of projects I’m not working on.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Laura Mains Each member involved with a work item will have it show up in My Week based on the work setup. The working on now section within My Week will only show who actually performed some type of activity on the work. As an example, if complete a task on an item, the work will show up in Working on Now. Once I move it out of Working on Now it would not show up there until I either placed it there manually or performed some other function on the work (e.g. it comes back in).

If you want an easy way to move it out of working on now, you can select all items within that category and then Select Move to...I usually do this a lot, even moving to this week as it will then move them lower down the page to the status they are in.