Question

Multiple Recipients on Client Tasks

Userlevel 2

Hello. I heard from the grapevine that Karbon was going to add the option of being able to send client task lists to multiple recipients. Has anyone heard anymore about this? 

If anyone wants to know how I work around this, just let me know. 

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Roger Ordonez! We are waiting for this functionality as well :)

In the meantime our current workarounds are 1) creating a duplicate client task list and sending each list to a different email (this limits them from being able to work from the same list or see one another’s responses) or 2) creating one client task list and the recipient forwards that email (along with their PIN) to their spouse, business partner, etc (thus allowing them to work from the same list). Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We do the same by creating 2 client tasks in the same job and then send to 2 different emails.

We have a couple of payroll clients that want two separate directors to do a sign off and by having this on the same work/job flow means that we can see that both have approved and we can take action!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The beta for client request login is being tested now, which I think wraps up phase two of the client app overhaul. I think the multiple recipient feature is in phase three, but I could be wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for the update @max! Really hope this is put in place prior to next tax season!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The beta for client request login is being tested now, which I think wraps up phase two of the client app overhaul. I think the multiple recipient feature is in phase three, but I could be wrong.

Came to the Karbon community wondering about an update on this as we near the end of Q3 for the Q3 roadmap (if this was even on there!). Does @max or anyone else know by any chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I haven’t heard anything about timeframes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Roger Ordonez @Jonathan Gibson Aug 3 Amelia said it was coming very soon, here: 

Here’s hoping! 🤞🏾

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Roger Ordonez! We are waiting for this functionality as well :)

In the meantime our current workarounds are 1) creating a duplicate client task list and sending each list to a different email (this limits them from being able to work from the same list or see one another’s responses) or 2) creating one client task list and the recipient forwards that email (along with their PIN) to their spouse, business partner, etc (thus allowing them to work from the same list). Hope this helps!

Knowing my luck and some of my clients, if I did #1 they’d both answer the same one and leave the same ones uncomplete 😅

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

can’t wait for it to happen…

Multiple recipients

Soon, you’ll be able to send client requests to multiple people. They’ll have their own magic links, they can set up their own login, and can work on the same tasks. 

Your clients will be able to see information as it‘s uploaded to the relevant task—fostering collaboration and preventing communication double-ups.

You’ll also have the ability to remove certain people’s access through the Manage Client Access button. 

Any further idea when this is going to happen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have not heard. 😕

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We cannot wait for this to be released! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

any update on client tasks/portal to multiple client recipients? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

any update on client tasks/portal to multiple client recipients? 

Unfortunately on the backburner for now… See here 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is a pretty big oversight.

We’re using Client Tasks for Personal Taxes, and it would be way better to be able to send the email to both spouses at once. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Agree, we have a lot of customers with many complaints about this. They are also struggling with the links. This has created a lot of unneeded stress in an already extremely stressful time of year.