Question

Multiple Email Addresses

• 17 October 2023
  • 6 replies

My boss wants me to have access to his email account in Karbon (as well as mine) so that I can take over the admin tasks from him and create work for both of us so that he isn’t bogged down with this side of the business.

I have read the best practice suggestions to create an alias and add that to the MS 365 settings - my concern is that we don’t want a general/alias email. We want clients to still be able to send emails to him rather than an alias address. Is there a way to do this other than adding his email to my Karbon account.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Priscilla Taylor - shared and delegated email inboxes for this kind of situation are currently in active development with Karbon! I’m not sure the timeline for release, but keep an eye out on the community for when they open Beta testing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You could probably have his emails in Outlook forward to a shared inbox in MS365 and request Karbon Support to add that email to your account. You could be the only one to have access to it and it then becomes a drop down in the From field on an email so you can send emails from yours or the shared inbox. 

This would at least get the emails into your inbox and you could action from there.

For an example, I currently have a shared inbox in my Karbon where clients email the inbox and my entire team gets notified. 

As Rebecca said, once the shared and delegated email inboxes are available then you won’t need this set up anymore.

Userlevel 1

@blueprintbrian are all emails received located in the same triage or would you have two triage menus on the LHS?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@blueprintbrian are all emails received located in the same triage or would you have two triage menus on the LHS?

One Triage with the way I explained above.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone have a timeline for the release of shared and delegated email inboxes?

I desperately need this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Tim Charles Shared Triage is in beta, so in the near future.. Delegate Triage is not planned at this stage 🙂 vote here if you haven’t already: