Question

More placeholder and/or custom fields

• 6 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are there any plans in the Roadmap to expand the Placeholders that can be used in Automations/Workflow etc.  

Related to this, any plans to add Customs fields (As would love to be able to then use custom field values as placeholders values as part of workflows etc.

Use Case:  VAT return workflow - Custom field - {Amount payable} - Use this value when sending commination to client regarding the return filed and related amount payable.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

We would love this also! If we could have some additional placeholders it would keep us from having to reset work so often just to pull in new tax years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Herman,

There is this very popular request for custom fields/tags: 

I don’t quite understand this:

Use Case:  VAT return workflow - Custom field - {Amount payable} - Use this value when sending commination to client regarding the return filed and related amount payable.

Can you please elaborate? 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Herman,

There is this very popular request for custom fields/tags: 

I don’t quite understand this:

Can you please elaborate? 🙂

Hi @SamG - I did not notice that there is already a related post 😅
The Use Case example is just to have a Custom filed in any workflow that can be used in E-mail to client.

Higher level use case would be if there is Custom field in the Client record and based on this value send different e-mail based on this value was part of this workflow  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you know you can edit/update an email/reminder before sending it to a client from a Work item? 🙂

https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/1524688-send-client-requests#h_36b8415ee9

Obviously this is manual, but I’m not sure how you are going to automate the updation of the custom field before an automated email was sent, in any case 🤔

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did you know you can edit/update an email/reminder before sending it to a client from a Work item? 🙂

Yes 🙃

There are a lot of use cases that it would not need to update the custom field before use, thus this does not need to be the starting point, as I believe the value of customs field and beining able to utlize them across Karbon, would be high already. 🙂