Microsoft Todo Integration

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to synchronise tasks with Microsoft Todo and add emails/notes/mentions from Triage to Microsoft Todo, a bit like you can add an email in Microsoft outlook to tasks/Todo?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

What are you doing in Microsoft Todo that you can’t do in Karbon? 

You could try to do something with the API using Zapier. It looks like MS Todo is on Zapier and they have an action of Create Task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Jack Clark, I haven’t looked into syncing stuff to MS Todo. We use the Todo list, MyWeek, and Send to Later to manage tasks within Karbon.

I’m assuming you have a solid system in MS Todo and you’re looking to keep that system while you integrate your firm into Karbon. Am I on the right track? 😁

What are you doing in Microsoft Todo that you can’t do in Karbon? 

You could try to do something with the API using Zapier. It looks like MS Todo is on Zapier and they have an action of Create Task.

We are using MS Teams for our internal team meetings and calls, and logging our tasks (including personal tasks), rocks, issues etc. on Teams, which now syncs with MS Todo.  Thanks, I'll take a look at Zapier, although I wonder if it's a two way sync as we'd want completed MS to-dos to reflect on Karbon, and I'm not sure how Karbon manages personal to-dos now.

Hi @Jack Clark, I haven’t looked into syncing stuff to MS Todo. We use the Todo list, MyWeek, and Send to Later to manage tasks within Karbon.

I’m assuming you have a solid system in MS Todo and you’re looking to keep that system while you integrate your firm into Karbon. Am I on the right track? 😁

Hi @max sorry for the silence.  Is Todo list the same as assignments?  Yes we have a system in MS Todo/Teams that replicates something similar to EOS which includes team and department rocks, personal to-dos, team to-dos, internal todos etc. and I'm looking for 1 task list for everything, thus a Karbon sync would be ace.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Jack Clark, I haven’t looked into syncing stuff to MS Todo. We use the Todo list, MyWeek, and Send to Later to manage tasks within Karbon.

Hi @max sorry for the silence.  Is Todo list the same as assignments?  Yes we have a system in MS Todo/Teams that replicates something similar to EOS which includes team and department rocks, personal to-dos, team to-dos, internal todos etc. and I'm looking for 1 task list for everything, thus a Karbon sync would be ace.

Hi Jack,

To-do lists are a function in Karbon that were replaced by “my week”. My Week doesn’t comppetely replace to-do lists (a list of tasks ready to start/waiting/etc.), so we really appreciate still having “to do lists” in our iteration of Karbon (in fact we wouldn’t know what to do without our lists!). You’ll probably see a lot of correspondence in these forums about managing “to do” lists and it will be a reference to this Karbon feature rather than an MS solution.