Skip to main content
Question

Managing Vacation in Karbon

• 28 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all! 

I am looking for advice for how to manage vacation coverage in Karbon when employees go on a longer vacation (say 1-2 weeks). 

I find it easy to assign out specific tasks that may need to be covered through the “work” reporting section.

However, I find it impossible to get their triage items covered. This has in some cases led to long delays in work. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I would also like to know how people handle this.

Some of our staff are using shared triage for almost all their communications, which has helped a little, but we have other staff that are not on or do not use the shared triage.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Same, aside from setting up OOO messages with who to contact in their absence, we have no other system in place. Our team has not yet began using any type of shared triage.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

What we do is auto-forward all colleague emails to a shared triage email, which the Admin Team check over & clear. We only make sure that emails are connected to work before we clear. Unless someone is away, in that case these emails are looked at closer and then assigned to someone if urgent/required.

We have a few staff that are casual/part time so being able to make sure urgent emails are not missed when they are not in office is helpful, which is why we have this setup. But this could be something that is set up only when a colleague goes on leave?

I don’t like that you can’t de-select “Notify Me” anymore because the emails are connected to a shared triage, but it’s something we are willing to deal with.

Previously we had all colleague emails auto-forwarded to a single User (me 😬) to be able to have the same visibility if anyone was not in the office. And when I planned to be away I forwarded my emails (thus all others) to another Admin User.