Question

Malicious email

• 2 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Team

I’m new to Karbon, so please advise if this has already been raised.

We’re receiving a lot of spam email with malicious links. I don’t want to simply clear the email and have it sitting around for someone to inadvertently click on the link at a later date. Our current practice is to log into Outlook and permanently delete the email, then return to Karbon. It’s not an ideal workflow, and I’d love someone to explain a better way.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Good question @Addflow and I don’t think there is a better workflow unfortunately 😢

I do similar most times (go to Outlook Inbox and mark as Junk). I also try and block the sender/sender’s domain to try and reduce the chances of it coming into Outlook Inbox (and Karbon) in the future.

This idea (about low priority) has a post about an Outlook add-in that could help reduce the number of emails that make it into Karbon: 

I also created another feature idea more specifically to be able to do what we are currently doing in Outlook, directly from Karbon:

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

What I’d recommend is setting up a shortcut on your browser so you can quickly get to your outlook web app, then hit the Report button when you’re clicked on the email. This will auto-report as spam and delete it from your inbox. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We use Vade for email filtering - if we receive a malicious email, which we rarely do since the filtering works so well. We log in to Vade and mark the email as Malicious, this blocks the sender from sending emails to anyone in your company and it removes the email from the mailbox. 

https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/email-security/vendor/vade/product/vade-for-microsoft-365