Question

Looking for a gig contractor to help with API across multiple platforms

We are a small but quickly growing U.S. accounting firm, looking for a qualified and experienced contractor to help with API integrations across these platforms:  Ignition / Karbon / QBO / Pipedrive / Zapier / DocuSign.

If you are interested, please contact Don Stewart <don@baumcpas.com>

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Rebecca Williams That’s more what I was thinking as well Call > Slack/Teams post > Reply becomes the Karbon Note.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@max we’ve started using a workflow in Slack to take notes of some phone calls. Basically a form that can be filled out that guides the note taking. Does Teams have something similar that you could then “push” that post into Karbon? I just had a thought that once the Slack/Karbon integration gets released (🤞🏼), we could turn that post into a Karbon note (as we won’t be building anything ourselves!)

Like @Automation n Stuff, we very rarely use the phone! We use RingCentral so clients can call in, but they all go to voicemail that get automatically sent to us as emails, and then we’ll either resolve with email or by setting up a video call.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’d more go down the route of populating a message/reminder in Teams and using the reply as the note in some manner or similar, personally. I’d also probably poll and dedup on a time frame to avoid unnecessary noise. I also don’t use the phone personally for context 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We already have bots creating notes, and we just add comments to the note. The bot has it’s own profile so the notifications work properly.

Most of our phone calls are noteworthy, I believe, but it’s something I’d like to test. We could also make it so that notes only populate if a matching business card exists.

In the end, I need the information from phone calls to get into Karbon. We’ve tried a few things that rely on people remembering to do something while on the phone with a client, and that never seems to work out. And no staff are taking time after a phone call to add notes. They move on to the next urgent task. That’s why I think a note that sits in their triage might remind them of the calls they had that day and to add notes to help the team. I’ll probably get to this in the summer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The issue with this in terms of notes is you can only alter notes you create (author of). So the note wouldn’t be editable by the assignee, and if you make them the author and the assignee they don’t get the notification. So you end up creating notes to create notes 

I think it would also get really noisy. A call isn’t always a noteworthy call and sometimes multiples are just one. To me based on those 2 things, you’d need a middle human step to apply sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The goal is to turn hidden client interactions into institutional knowledge by triggering staff to add conversation notes for their phone calls with clients.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So you are just trying to log calls on timelines?
I’d probably recommend doing that in a different way just using button automation otherwise you’ll get a lot lot lot of noise and a bunch erroring/going nowhere.
What is the ultimate goal of the note? Seems like you are notifying someone of a call they were on (but wouldn’t they know?). What do you want to happen from there?

That is fairly normal to have to renew your token (usually every 7200 seconds)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Phone call outbound/inbound phone call in teams (webhook) > Note in Karbon on the associated timelines, assigned to the staff member involved in the call, and to include in the body of the note the caller’s details and who on the staff took the call.

MS Graph has some interesting requirements. The webhook handler must keep track of continually expiring tokens and renew them at the proper time to keep the webhooks coming.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@max I’ve never used it before.
What are you trying to achieve with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Automation n Stuff, do you all do MS Graph implementations?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @Don Stewart 
I sent you a message about this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Following. I’d like someone with those skills plus Microsoft Graph skills.