Solved

Lacerte setup for 2023

• 6 December 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m setting up Lacerte 2023 and it still has integration with Intuit Practice Management” not Karbon.  Is this just a failure by Intuit to change the name and can I proceed with it? 

icon

Best answer by Steve Wortman 11 December 2023, 23:37

View original

15 replies

I use Lacerte as well Steve.  I do not believe there is an integration with Lacerte.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Todd Menahem Hi Todd.  We had integration for 2022 returns and I would expect to see it again for 2023. Are you sure there’s no integration? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Todd Menahem Lacerte is one of the connected apps in Karbon. My guess is the Karbon and Intuit teams haven’t yet activated the syncing for the 2023 tax year.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi all,

The Lacerte integration previously available under Intuit Practice Management (IPM) is not available in Karbon - though customers who had set it up under IPM can continue to use it for the foreseeable future.
We do have an integration with ProConnect available to all customers, though at present you’ll need to raise a support ticket to have this activated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@StuartK I am a customer that had integration with Lacerte under IPM for returns through 2022.  Can you please clarify for me: will I be able to sync 2023 Lacerte returns with Karbon in the same way for the upcoming tax season?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Steve Wortman - that’s our understanding, but let me check-in in the Intuit team and find out when 2023 will be opened up syncing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @StuartK - Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Steve Wortman - it looks like it’s scheduled for Mid-January.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi again @Steve Wortman - we’ve been able to pull this forward to today, so you should be good to go for any 2023 returns being synced into Karbon. You should now see the option to import 2023 when you run a manual sync of returns:

Option to import 2023 returns as the Current Tax Year

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@StuartK Good news and I’ll give it a try. Thank you very much!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @StuartK  I now have the ability to import 2023 returns, but when I imported them yesterday, it seems that nothing happened. I expected to see a report listing the returns that were imported.  I have proforma’d 77 individual returns in Lacerte and seem to have the setup complete on the Lacerte side.  When I try to link the return in a work item, I get the message there is no return found for this client in the 2023 tax year. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@StuartK Let me also add that I use the Rightworks-hosted version of Lacerte.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @StuartK 

The import/sync with Lacerte still doesn’t work for me and I’m thinking of dropping the Lacerte sync in favor of syncing with QBO so I can at least sync my contacts. I export invoices from Karbon billing to QBO anyway, so this may be a good choice. I see in connected apps we can’t connect with QBO and Lacerte. It’s one or the other. Your thoughts?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Apologies I missed your earlier messages @Steve Wortman - hopefully you’ve been in touch with our support team, they’re definitely the right conduit for assistance here and have some access to Intuit support team.

The short story being Lacerte/ProConnect or QBOA is that some Intuit accounts share the same bit pool of client data - we only allow one connection as we can’t be certain which would be the authoritative source and updates could inadvertently overwrite data in Karbon.
The support team will also be able to organise disconnecting Lacerte, enabling you to connect to QBOA if you’d like to go this way. A few firms who do more than just Tax work have been in a similar situation and asked to switch.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks @StuartK

I understand the sync is working for some users and not for others. Karbon support has been working with me on this for a while now, and the problem is with the Intuit side. I’m leaning towards the QBOA connection instead, which might be more useful for my practice. 

Thanks again.