Solved

Karbon API Update

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Wondering what the status of the more full fledged API is? You all heard any news? Several months ago it sounded like this was something coming out really soon, but then nothing. The current Zapier integration is really too basic in triggers and actions to make use of more than it just being a contact database at this point.

icon

Best answer by Jay Ridgeway 21 January 2021, 20:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I am interested in know this as well. 

Hi John and Max,

Yes, we’ve released out first version of the Karbon APIs at the end of 2020. This was essentially a soft launch as we knew going in there would be some clean up work to do. I’ve set up a number of developer accounts and happy to get you both set up as well. But the real exciting news is that we have recently hired an very experienced API engineer (James) to take over the program and he is quickly getting up to speed. Both James and I will be working closely together on better organizing our external communications with our customers and partners who join the program and making sure everyone has what they need to be successful.

All that said, I encourage you both to go to our developers site at https://developers.karbonhq.com/ and register. Once your information comes through I will look to get you both set up quickly.

FYI, James will also be relooking at our existing Zapier integration as well.

Exciting improvements coming to Karbon in 2021!

Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Very best,

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello Jay!

I’m currently setup with API access. I am basically a novice, but I know what I want and when I have the time, I have the determination to learn and figure it out. The one thing I was hoping for was to have Karbon send a signal when data is updated, like a webhook or some other process that I have yet to learn.

From my limited time reading through the documentation, it looks like I will have to poll the Karbon APIs at a predefined interval to get updated data. I would like to, instead, only poll when necessary. I think this is better for both Karbon and my processing requirements.

I could be way off here.

Hi Max!

Great to know you are one of the accounts that was set up. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I definitely know that this is what James and I are needing to help improve the developer experience. I’m going to pass on your comments directly to him and look to discuss internally. Once I get his feedback (and potentially others from our team) I will plan to reach back out to you either here or directly via email.

Thank you!
Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi John and Max,

Yes, we’ve released out first version of the Karbon APIs at the end of 2020. This was essentially a soft launch as we knew going in there would be some clean up work to do. I’ve set up a number of developer accounts and happy to get you both set up as well. But the real exciting news is that we have recently hired an very experienced API engineer (James) to take over the program and he is quickly getting up to speed. Both James and I will be working closely together on better organizing our external communications with our customers and partners who join the program and making sure everyone has what they need to be successful.

All that said, I encourage you both to go to our developers site at https://developers.karbonhq.com/ and register. Once your information comes through I will look to get you both set up quickly.

FYI, James will also be relooking at our existing Zapier integration as well.

Exciting improvements coming to Karbon in 2021!

Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Very best,

Jay

Hi AHJohn, I know this thread is a little old, but if Jay answered your question, can you mark it as answered?