Question

karbon and zapier

• 9 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

why can’t i get a zap to pull a project from Karbon?  If i create  a project in Karbon, there is no way to run a zap to pull that data from Karbon and then create an external list in Excel or some other program of all projects that i have.

more and more i’m getting very frustrated with karbon.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Brian Davis, you may want to use Karbon’s webhook subscription to notify a zap about the Karbon work item creation and change. I have a webhook fire for every work item creation or change and my zap calls for the new information and feeds it into a database so I can use it later.

I don’t know if that helps at all.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

that would help if i knew what i was doing, which i don’t, so a webhook is great, but i don’t really know how to set that up, and i wish karbon would just figure out a way to make this easy for a non-technical person to get a prouect list into zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think Karbon has identified that and is putting together a group to address that.

There are so many different software tools, programs, and options available to people that Karbon will never be able to make native integrations for them all. But they have made it open and relatively easy to work with their API.

You may request to join this little group (it’s in testing, and I think it will cost a little extra). It’s designed to help people like you who know what you want but don’t want to take the time to learn the API: Tech ASP

I’m not sure if that helps at all. 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@max - can i just pay you to set this up for me?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Brian Davis Yes I approve of you paying me to create automation for you ;)