Karbon AI -- What do you hate? What do you love?

• 14 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 1142 replies

I’ve challenged myself to only send emails generated from draft. I tidy them up and change them if needed, but I’m trying to learn how to prompt the AI to get what I want quickly. Overall, it’s been surprisingly helpful with some hilarious flubs.

I have not started experimenting with the email item in a work item that generates from a predefined set of prompts, but I think that will be amazing based on what I’ve seen so far.

I’m curious how others are using the AI? What makes you love it? What makes you hate it?

@Silvia Evans, I saw your post about it here:

I’m curious what about it you love. 😁

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Max, 

We love the summary feature, which captures the important details from multiple lengthy e-mails chains, in a nice neat summary box. 

My colleague, Josh, is liking the help fine-tuning up his e-mail drafts with AI. 

We are quite excited about where this is going, and I am glad Karbon did it, so I don’t have to actually go play with ChatGPT, myself.  Although I have watched quite a bit of content on AI, I like the fact that Karbon is acting as a buffer between me and ChatGPT (or whatever it is).  I am gaining practical, useful AI experience, without the fear factor.  

It feels alot safer.  

Thanks

Silvia

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Nice! I have used the summary feature before mentioning a colleague in a comment to an email. Very helpful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@max I need to force myself to use the AI draft response more, like you did.  It’s hard to get out of the habit of reading through a whole email thread, then typing up a response.  When I do use the draft response, it is extremely helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I agree! I haven’t pushed it on the team yet, but I want to do a little contest or something to get people using it. I’m curious if anyone has had wide adoption by their team yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I totally agree with you @Silvia Evans and @max 

I use the AI as a starting point and have been very happy.  I have heard from some team members that are ‘obsessed’ with the summary feature, we have also had the comment that it does not understand sarcasm which can be quite funny!

I have been working at getting the team onboard but it has been a quiet adoption, we have set a training session next month to light a fire, I am confident once they see it in action they will be hooked.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We got access to the Beta today and we LOVE it!

It seems like the Summarize feature doesn’t work with notes (yet…?) - am I missing something? If it’s not possible, I’ll make a feature request!

We are trialing AI before a wider roll out. 

Only problem we have come across to date is that you can not remove the 'summary'.  I feel this could be important if you feel it has missed anything critical or taken anything out of context.  Anyone come across any solutions for this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are trialing AI before a wider roll out. 

Only problem we have come across to date is that you can not remove the 'summary'.  I feel this could be important if you feel it has missed anything critical or taken anything out of context.  Anyone come across any solutions for this. 

Hey Michelle, if any more context is adding in new replies or comments then the summary will be marked outdated and you can regenerate it. Is there any other reason you would want to remove a summary?