Skip to main content

I am trying to link Karbon and ignition, via Zapier so that I can set up a new client in Ignition when the status of a Karbon organisation changes to ‘send proposal’.

The problem I run into is that I can easily pick up the change of status and filter this in Zapier so it only changes on a specific status but Ignition needs both an organisation name and a person name in order to set up a new client.  I have found no way to link the organisation in Karbon to any directors that I have associated with it, despite the person record appearing under the organisation in Karbon.  There doesn't appear to be any link that I can reference although one must exist in order for it to appear in the organisation record.

Any help around this problem is appreciated, thank you

Could it possibly be under the ClientGroups - as per the API Docs: https://karbonhq.github.io/karbon-api-reference/#tag--Client-Groups ? 

@Darren Howard   Thanks for the suggestion.  This,I believe, only works when the client is in a Group and this isn’t automatically defined.  I guess it could be a workaround to put the director and the company in a group together but that seems like it’s creating an unnecessary level of complication for something that seems to have a connection in the database somewhere!  I usually only use Groups for actual group companies or where I deal with more than one member of a family.

Hey @Chris Gascoyne , that’s an excellent question!  I don’t spend much time in Zapier these days, but this seems like a question that’s in @max ‘s wheelhouse.  Any thoughts on this max? 

Hi @Chris Gascoyne - in Karbon, People are Linked to Organizations via the Business Card.

This data is not present in the Zapier integration, but the detail can be retrieved using the Karbon API.
You can do this either by adding $expand=Contacts to the GET Organization API endpoint, or using $expand=BusinessCards on the Contact API endpoint.

Hi @Chris Gascoyne - in Karbon, People are Linked to Organizations via the Business Card.

This data is not present in the Zapier integration, but the detail can be retrieved using the Karbon API.
You can do this either by adding $expand=Contacts to the GET Organization API endpoint, or using $expand=BusinessCards on the Contact API endpoint.

I don’t use Zapier very often and we don’t use Ignition either, but this was going to be my suggestion. Thanks for chiming in @StuartK 😁

Thanks @StuartK .  I’m off to play with the API and see what I can do to link all of this together!