Is Karbon down for anyone else?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Was first glitching out this morning (a menu was persistently open that normally isn’t), and I tried rebooting and can’t seem to login.

Anyone else having issues? 

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Rick Strowger yes! Our firm is impacted as well. Seems a bit hit-or-miss; sometimes its loading and other times it is not. I am going to reach out to support.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for confirming, @Kim Clemmer!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Me too - I normally run it in Chrome - can’t get it to load.  Now in Edge and it’s working but slowly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Our whole firm is out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are down as well!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Now I can’t get it to work in Edge either...

Badge

I can’t get Karbon to load on Chrome nor Edge.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seems like I’m back up again! 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge

Me too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It’s release morning! 😁 Every other Monday could be rocky. I still have the persistent menu.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Most of our team was down as well. And for us tax/accounting firms, this is literally the worst time for our online project management system to go down. This is the 2nd time this has happened this tax season. Likely will be looking for a more reliable platform if this continues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I had some slowness about 18 hours ago, but no issues this morning (AU time) 🙂🤞🏾

@Smitty there will never be a good time, it will always be inconvenient for someone.. to be fair, where do you go? Most systems are cloud and all are going to have the occasional hiccup/glitch/downtime (unless you host your own on your own server - but there are no guarantees of 100% uptime there either). What really matters is the frequency and severity of the downtime and responsiveness of the product to address the issue. If it’s common and for extended periods, sure, switch, but if only very occasionally and resolved relatively quickly, you could be leaving the best option (especially if the hiccup is related to release of new features/improvements..)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@SamG Understand your perspective, however, I would suggest that widespread system outages related to the release of new features/improvements should never be viewed as positive. Rather, it is an indicator that robust system development and testing procedures are not in place. Which, if that’s the case, we all should have greater concern than the occasional periods of downtime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I empathize with the frustration of encountering hiccups, particularly during crucial times like tax season. We've also weathered widespread issues with other platforms, including Microsoft, which always seem to arise at the most inconvenient times. While it's undoubtedly frustrating, I've found that the value of the platform, along with its continual enhancements, outweighs these periodic challenges.

Every system has its tradeoffs, and Karbon's approach to continuous improvement is no exception. While I understand if others may not share my exact sentiment, I've found that the benefits of the platform align closely with our firm's needs and goals.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

widespread system outages related to the release of new features/improvements should never be viewed as positive

Agree, but if short-lived, they’re not that disastrous.

As Max mentioned, Microsoft goes down, my internet banking goes down, the tax office portal goes down… it’s part of computers and the internet age unfortunately 🤷🏾‍♂️ please do let us know if you find a software that guarantees 100% uptime and regular improvements 🙏🏾