Question

Inactive client and removing tasks.

• 19 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way once you’ve marked a client inactive that all of the tasks are removed?  Or do you have to go one by one to delete the tasks?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Cindy Schuttish! You will want to mark them as inactive and cancel delete all recurring and current work. Unfortunately marking the client as inactive will not terminate any of the work created/scheduled. I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the information Kim,  I was hoping that Karbon had a way that once the client is marked inactive it will automatically cancel all the active tasks.  Maybe Karbon should work on this for the Karbon users.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Cindy Schuttish sorry, I meant to find a feature request for you to vote for this (and totally forgot!). Here’s a feature request where you can vote for this functionality:

https://community.karbonhq.com/ideas/archive%2Dcontacts%2D575

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you for the information Kim,  I was hoping that Karbon had a way that once the client is marked inactive it will automatically cancel all the active tasks.  Maybe Karbon should work on this for the Karbon users.  

@Cindy Schuttish also, if appropriate and you don’t want to delete the work (although you should delete the repeating schedules as Kim mentioned), you can mark the work item(s) as Complete (change Work Status to Complete) and it should prompt you to mark all incomplete tasks as Complete - which you can then do with one click, rather than individually 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Good point @Sam! Canceling the work would do the same, so either of those might work in your situation @Cindy Schuttish!

Userlevel 1

I have cancelled the work and the repeating task still appears.  The only option is to go in to each task and update the repeating section to select the final end date for each task.  This is very time consuming.  Has any one else experienced this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, the only way to end repeating work is by editing the repeating work schedule: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/6096234-setup-repeating-work-on-a-schedule#h_5117369a01

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this information.  It would be nice if Karbon would do an update to their program to have all the tasks automatically delete the repeating work & cancel all tasks associated with that client, once you’ve marked the client inactive.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you for this information.  It would be nice if Karbon would do an update to their program to have all the tasks automatically delete the repeating work & cancel all tasks associated with that client, once you’ve marked the client inactive.  

Definitely @Cindy Schuttish! Be sure to vote for the feature idea Kim shared and add this suggestion there!