Question

Ideas for tracking client logins

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Where is the best place to store client logins, to share amongst our team, in karbon?  For example, a client’s QB admin password.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Terri Svihla We use 1Password to securely store all client related logins.  But if you were to do it in Karbon, you could use the Details tab, Description section to note those.  You could also use the Accounting Details section - Note option - from the Details tab as well, if you want the information a little more hidden.

Would love to hear what you come up with!

Userlevel 1

We use accounting details section in the Karbon client information page for this level of data.  But for more secure password storage and sharing we use LastPass.  We don’t store things like banking and payment platforms in Karbon, LastPass is more secure and is set up for this.  I suggest the business version so you have control over user accounts once an employee is terminated.  The teams version doesn’t allow you to take over an account very easily.  We do have an internal policy that all client logins are in a folder shared with ownership passed to me so we don’t loose anything and I can revoke access if needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Absolutely get a password manager for this such as 1Password, LastPass, or Practice Protect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I completely, wholeheartedly agree with the password manager but we also have a work around that we may or may not still have in place in some situations….

We have created a new contact called Client Name - Protected Data which is set to Private and access is limited to specific team members.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I completely, wholeheartedly agree with the password manager but we also have a work around that we may or may not still have in place in some situations….

We have created a new contact called Client Name - Protected Data which is set to Private and access is limited to specific team members.

Interesting work-around. I like it for limited situations.