Question

How to set due date of a task based on work end date?

• 12 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Lets say I have a work template. The start date for this work template is whatever date. The end date however, is December 31st.

My question now~ Is there a way for me to set a task’s due date such that it is due 1 week before the end of the work date? (December 24 in this case, given the example above).

At the moment I only see setting due dates after the work has started, or before the work has started. But I would like a more dynamic way to set a due date for a task using the end date instead of the start date.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Quynh Ngo,

Good question 🙂

I don’t believe there is a way to do that at the moment, you could make a feature idea request for it.

A tedious workaround could be:

With the task due date the same as the start date (0 days after the start date) in the template:

1. Create the work with a start date today and due date 7 days from today
  2. Change the due date to 31 Dec, this will prompt you to change the task due dates, do this
  3. The Work start date will now be today, the Work due date will be 31 Dec, the task due dates will be 24 Dec

You could also set them up with various other combinations, depending how you usually move dates around once created.

Does that help?