Question

How to manage repeating jobs for Monthly IAS's but Quarterly BAS

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Can anyone share their procedure on how to create repeating jobs for monthly IAS reporting with Quarterly BAS.  In XPM we had set up 2 x Monthly IAS’s with a place holder which repeated quarterly and Qtryly BAS,   I cannot seem to get the dates for the correct periods doing this in Karbon.   Sorry if this has been asked before I could not see a similar question.  

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi there,

We’re UK based, but have a similar job set up. We have a monthly reoccurring for book-keeping services and then a separate job for quarterly VAT. The VAT is run after the period end (ie for the period Jan to March - worked on in April) so I use the titles to show the period and then on the reoccurring job, select a drop down box to choose previous period.

Does that help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there,

We’re UK based, but have a similar job set up. We have a monthly reoccurring for book-keeping services and then a separate job for quarterly VAT. The VAT is run after the period end (ie for the period Jan to March - worked on in April) so I use the titles to show the period and then on the reoccurring job, select a drop down box to choose previous period.

Does that help?

We follow a similar approach for GST/HST in Canada.

I have found that to make periods work, have the right people on the work and have accurate start and due dates separating the work into a couple of work orders is most effective.  Once the cycles are set up and running there is much less chance of missing something ‘out of sync’ if it has it’s own work order rather then a placeholder.