How do I show incomplete tasks for a particular Job

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to show incompete tasks for a particular job

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Scott,

Are we talking tasks assigned to yourself (or other team members as well)?

For myself - I’d usually go to my To Do list > filter by client and then see what tasks are still to be done (whether it’s Today, This Week or Later)

If it’s tasks assigned to a everyone: I don’t think there is currently a way to filter when you open the actual work and go to Tasks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t know if this helps, but we have set our work items to proceed sequentially from step to step in a linear path. We have several milestones outlined. Here’s an example:

Individual Income Tax Milestones:

1. Planned
  2. Ready to start
  3. Pre-admin
  4. Waiting for client documents
  5. Ready for preparation
  6. In preparation
  7. Ready for review
  8. In review
  9. Ready for processing
  10. In processing
  11. Waiting for client signatures
  12. Ready to file
  13. In filing
  14. Waiting for client pickup
  15. Complete

In the work item, each of these milestones are represented by task sections. Once the tasks are completed in each section, we have automators that move the work item to the next work status. We then use Kanban boards to track the work items as they move from left to right. It gives a really visual and fast way to judge where work is at without digging into the details. Only the work items that stand out on the kanban board warrant a deeper look into a specific work item.

Are you using the tasks differently where something like this wouldn’t work?

Thanks Max

That would be ideal

Sometimes you just want to review job status  .. and see where incomplete tasks are at

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Scott! Welcome to the community.

Are you asking if there’s a way to filter the tasks in a work item to show only the incomplete tasks? I do not believe that there is a way to do that. What you can do is request reports from support@karbonhq.com that show the level of detail you want.

Check out this half-hour webinar by Ian that shows all the reports and the kind of data in them that you can get from support.

Is that helpful at all?