Question

How do I replace a user?

• 8 October 2021
  • 4 replies

If we have an employee turn over, how we we replace the details on that user with a new user? (I can edit everything except the e-mail address.)

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can’t change a user’s email address in Karbon.

You will want to add the new employee and then archive the former employee. When you archive the former employee, you’ll be given the option to reassign that employee’s Karbon work/tasks to another user. 

As @Kirk Jeske mentioned, here is a link to the section in Karbon that shows you how to handle ‘long-term leave’ for a coworker if you find yourself in that situation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Jen nailed it. I just went through this as a team member resigned. Here is a link to the section in Karbon help that goes through “long-term leave” for a team member. 

I also recommend you download the Karbon template titled “Staff Offboarding”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can’t change a user’s email address in Karbon.

You will want to add the new employee and then archive the former employee. When you archive the former employee, you’ll be given the option to reassign that employee’s Karbon work/tasks to another user. 

@Martin McEwen Did Jens answer get you to what you needed? If so, can you mark it as the correct answer?

Thanks @jens! Would you edit your answer to include the great link from @Kirk Jeske?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@max Thanks! Added that link.