Question

How can we add to multiple Timelines while DRAFTING an email

• 6 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Wondering if anyone has figured out how we can add email to timelines BEFORE we send it? Waiting for the email to show up in our Sent items and having to go back and timeline it there,  is very time consuming, inefficient and cumbersome.  I understand that we can add the email to a ‘work item’ timeline, but that is not  sufficient (as not all clients have work items at the time the email is sent).  Can Karbon just add that ability at the front end of the email vs the backend (since part of what we need is already there)? Anyone figure out if this can be done yet? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Angela Miles,

Great question, I totally agree and not possible as far as I know!

Please vote for this if you haven’t already: 

🙏🏾

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

There is a work around. Would be preferable to have the ability to do it directly when creating an email, however until that feature is determined to be significant enough to implement you can do the following:

• Create the email and add it to the first timeline,
  • Schedule the email for a future date/time (Must be scheduled and not a draft),
  • Go into the Scheduled email and select the email,
  • You can now add it to as many timelines as you want,
  • You must leave it as a Scheduled email to retain the multiple timelines. If you were to cancel the send after adding it to the timelines so you could send it right away, Karbon removes it from the timelines you added. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is a work around. Would be preferable to have the ability to do it directly when creating an email, however until that feature is determined to be significant enough to implement you can do the following:

• Create the email and add it to the first timeline,
  • Schedule the email for a future date/time (Must be scheduled and not a draft),
  • Go into the Scheduled email and select the email,
  • You can now add it to as many timelines as you want,
  • You must leave it as a Scheduled email to retain the multiple timelines. If you were to cancel the send after adding it to the timelines so you could send it right away, Karbon removes it from the timelines you added. 

Interesting workaround. I think an easier one would be add your own email as Cc. Then it’s going to be back in your Triage as soon as it’s ready to add to more and you can add to as many as you like and then clear 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Great workarounds @SamG @LD7E! I agree that this would be much better to be on the front end while composing an email as sitting and refreshing my sent emails just adds unnecessary time and frustration to the process.