Solved

Handling of internal team work

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The team is required to maintain their continuing education, for example QBO certifications.  I feel like there needs to be a piece of work for each team member for their certification, but who is the client for that piece of work.  

If I create an internal client that the team has access to and can create work under, then all team members will have access to the emails/work for each other and their certifications.  I’m not sure how I feel about that.  There may also be other work that needs to be tracked that would go under that internal client.

Does anyone have any ideas or can share how they are handling this?

icon

Best answer by max 31 May 2022, 16:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @MariaV!

During the hiring process, we create contacts for each candidate. We mark these contacts as PRIVATE so that their emails are not shared and people who are not assigned to the client cannot see any of the work items, comments, notes, etc.

Support Link: Overview of Privacy

When someone is hired, we setup a training “meta” work item to track their overall training path, and then have different work items that track individual certifications and training regiments.

Only the manager has access to the contact, and the staff member is assigned the individual training work items, but not the meta training work item. The meta is used to keep manager notes and as a guide for debriefs.

Support Link: How do I find out who has access to a private contact

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @MariaV!

During the hiring process, we create contacts for each candidate. We mark these contacts as PRIVATE so that their emails are not shared and people who are not assigned to the client cannot see any of the work items, comments, notes, etc.

Support Link: Overview of Privacy

When someone is hired, we setup a training “meta” work item to track their overall training path, and then have different work items that track individual certifications and training regiments.

Only the manager has access to the contact, and the staff member is assigned the individual training work items, but not the meta training work item. The meta is used to keep manager notes and as a guide for debriefs.

Support Link: How do I find out who has access to a private contact

Does that help at all?

Max,

This all looks like great information.  I am going to review in more detail.  This is very helpful.

Maria