Question

Google Drive DMS

• 16 September 2022
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I know Google Drive integration for DMS is coming, but is there an estimated timeline.  I really need it this fall:)

~Tom

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m not sure. I saw the product manager in charge of it recently took a job with a new company. I am not sure where that puts the development. 😕

Link: Aaron Kwan’s LinkedIn

I wish I could be more helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Oh, No!.  Part of the reason I came onboard was for the Google Integrations.  I have been with Microsoft and their system far too hard to manage.  I hope @Ian Vacin has some insight.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Are there any updates on this?  We are going to start updating our tax templates next month and would love to know if the link to google drive is going to be coming soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I know Aaron Kwan was the product owner over the document integration and he was part of the big layoff that happened a few weeks ago😕. From what I’ve seen, most of the resources and efforts are centered around the billing and payments functionality right now.

Perhaps @Aliesa Jackson has some information?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Oh man, I was waiting for the Google Integration, would be a bummer if it gets sidelined too long.

I have been told, that at this stage the best indication we can give is that it won't be this year. There is a delay. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. @max 

Userlevel 3

hi all, Aaron did finish up at Karbon a few weeks ago because he accepted a role at a new company working in a completely different domain. Stuart King, a senior PM here at Karbon, is looking after integrations including DMS so he can answer any questions you have.

Userlevel 1

It would be awesome to have this before the next big tax season. My clients are going to begin uploading all their files in the next few months and we are hoping to have Google Drive in place before then. This would be hugely beneficial. Please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t have any inside knowledge, but I do not expect this to hit before tax season.

We’ve heard that invoicing and payments are the key focus of the development team, and I think they target to release Q1 2023.

Don’t know if this helps but we have developed a workaround.

We create a pinned note in our  Karbon work items and just paste in the hyperlink to the google drive folder. Also we actually paste in hyperlinks for anything else useful such as ignition proposals and Xero tax returns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DAVID THOMSON this is similar to what we do, but in the description - if you paste a URL in the Description box of the Details tab, it will convert to a URL when saving. Benefit of doing it this way, is it will roll forward into future instances of repeating work.

Userlevel 2
Badge

becoming desperate for this integration….😐

any update on this from the Karbon Team?

There are no updates at this time to report. When or if that changes I will update you. @Pedro Noyola 

Userlevel 1

Hi, @Sara Goepel @Aliesa Jackson  can you please confirm if the Google Drive integration is in progress? Any insight as to why QB integration is happening before finishing the DMS integrations will also be helpful?

Hi team, any ETA on google drive DMS. We are very keen to stop saving documents manually.

There are no updates at this time to report. When or if that changes I will update you all. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. @Chris @Sakshi Dabas 

Userlevel 2
Badge

😑killing me slowly

Userlevel 3
Badge

Following.  This would be a key update for us.

Userlevel 1

The people want Google Drive. 😢

Userlevel 2
Badge

this people is begging for it

More people right here (me) wanting this, pretty please Karbon.

Please could this get up the priorisation list. It seems to be an awefully long time in development and is clearly a key need. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Clearly , since Karbon already launched two DMS integrations, you had this prioritized at one point. Can you at least give us an update on this ? 
#desperatlyseekinggoogle

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Aliesa Jackson may have some insight on the timeline of this release.