Skip to main content

In an effort to streamline processes here, we’re attempting to implement a few process automations at our firm. One such process is exporting and importing invoices to Xero automatically via the API (creating draft invoices, etc) outside of the general exporting to excel, which leaves us with a few questions.

#1 - Is there a way to filter/pre-filter requests to the API to fetch Invoices? The current Endpoint only appears to allow ordering by Invoice Date when fetching all invoices.

#2 - Is there any way to update the status of an Invoice, apart from the Endpoint to create a manual payment to an invoice?

Thanks.

Here are the current API docs on the subject:

I haven’t worked with the invoices API, but my experience is that Karbon is pretty good about updating their documentation, so if it’s not there, it’s likely not available yet, though you could go through the support channel to confirm.

Thanks for your response max - greatly appreciated.

I have looked thoroughly at the API docs and already fetch + store correctly. My issue lays in the ability to “move” the invoice from Approved to another status type, like paid, once the invoice is successfully exported as we use Xero as our source of truth RE: billing.

We don’t want to be stuck having to manually “move” each invoice as that defeats the purpose of the automation so I guess we’ll have to apply a payment to it.

I know Karbon has an internal API that facilitates functionality to fetch based off status: https://au2.karbonhq.com/time/api/ hTENANT KEY] /invoices?skip=0&status=approved&take=50 so would’ve assumed a way to filter our own via the API.

Regardless, will reach out to support and see what is available, thanks.