Question

External links/hyperlinks in Karbon not working

• 17 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I cannot find this issue discussed anywhere else. When I paste a hyperlink in an email within Karbon, the link does NOT work when received by the recipient in Karbon. If the email is generated in Outlook with the link pasted in, then the link DOES work when received by recipient in Karbon.

Is this a known issue and is there something I should be doing in Karbon to ensure that the recipient can open the link, without having to use the Outlook workaround?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Imbi Finlayson Karbon doesn’t automatically make a link a hyperlink (like Outlook and Gmail does). To ensure the link is clickable, highlight the link text and click the link tool (looks like a paperclip) in the bottom of the email editor OR use the shortcut Ctrl+K. You can then choose to change how the link looks (in terms of the text) vs what it links to.

Here are some screenshots:

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Imbi Finlayson Karbon doesn’t automatically make a link a hyperlink (like Outlook and Gmail does). To ensure the link is clickable, highlight the link text and click the link tool (looks like a paperclip) in the bottom of the email editor OR use the shortcut Ctrl+K. You can then choose to change how the link looks (in terms of the text) vs what it links to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Imbi Finlayson and all following this thread, here is another peculiarity of Karbon that I believe they should fix: