Question

Emails with same subject in Triage

• 5 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Occasionally we send out mass emails to groups of clients, using bcc functionality in Gmail. However, we’ve found that when clients respond, Karbon groups all of those responses together in a single message in Triage rather than separating them by client. They way that Triage handles these messages makes it confusing to see who is responding to the message and limits what you can do with the message after opening it. 

I’m curious if others have experienced this issue and how you work around it? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Smitty!

We use MailChimp for client communication like that. The best I can tell, Karbon doesn’t have a good way to handle that kind of email system.

We like MailChimp because it’s easy and pretty, and you can use Zapier to sync it with Karbon contacts. It’s also much more personalized.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Max,

Appreciate the reply. We do not currently use MailChimp or Zapier but I am familiar with them. We were hoping to not introduce additional technologies into the mix if possible. Just wasn’t sure if there was another work around in Karbon that others were aware of.

Thanks,

Nate 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Smitty,

Like @max said, Karbon isn’t able to pull apart those emails. We learned that the hard way and had quite a mess on our hands when the responses came in.

We also use MailChimp for these types of mass emails so each client actually receives an individual email. It’s really easy to use and gives great insight into who actually opens the email and clicks on any links.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Jen. Sounds like we may have to go that route also in the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi up the Feature Idea section. I have heard Karbon talk about adding some CRM-type capabilities to handle this type of situation, but I don’t think it’s on the current roadmap.

I also don’t remember seeing an idea about it, though someone may have added it recently, in the feature ideas. Add it there and when it gets enough interest, Karbon developers may move it up the priority list:

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of trying to create a zap that works with Zapier and Mailchimp but keep getting the following issue after updating a contact:

• If email gets updated in the Karbon contact...new contact is created in Mailchimp instead of updating the old email already subscribed.

But if the first or last name is updated in Karbon, no issues with Mailchimp updating the existing contact since it recognizes the matching email address in Mailchimp.

Please share your zaps if you have one that works for you (screenshots would probably be easier).

Thanks a bunch,

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Mike,

I don’t know if this will help, but I think Mailchimp sees emails as distinct, meaning the email address is the entity key. I don’t think you can update an email in Mailchimp. That might be why you are seeing that behavior.

Hi Max,

Thank you, that is what I was thinking as the cause.

Mike