Question

Email window size

• 23 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I know there’s probably a ton of HTML weirdness going on under the hood that I won’t even pretend to know about, but the size of the window when reading an email in Triage seems inconsistent and unpredictable, especially with emails that have large images.

The window will expand to accommodate the entire image, then shrink back down to the height of maybe 8–10 text lines, which feels cramped.

Other emails, usually newsletters with many paragraphs of text, will expand to scroll several pages and never shrink back down. I have to scroll all the way back up to reach the controls to clear or otherwise manage the email.

As far as I can tell, there’s no way to expand or contract the window or predict when one email window will expand or contract. This can make managing Triage, especially from non-contacts, a bit of an unwelcome adventure.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@leigh is this something your team would look into?

@Jeremy Wells, I’ve had similar frustrations, lol.

EDIT: Actually, Jeremy, would I think this might be something that would go in as a feature idea. If you add it as a feature idea, comment the link here and I’ll go vote for it.