Question

email to work

• 12 April 2023
  • 3 replies

have repeat payroll jobs set up.  when an email comes in you want to allocate it to the correct work, but because it is a repeat job, and not due for a couple of weeks, it brings up all the payrolls for that jobs that span the next 3 months, and without making it ready to start, how do you know which is the correct month you are allocating it to, as there are no dates in this area, it just says that the work is planned

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Good morning @Hazel Garden - do you use the automation name settings in your repeating work?  We use the repeat period to help us with the payroll dates for this exact reason, otherwise there is no easy way to tag emails to a future work item, as you are seeing.  For example, all my payroll items for this week have April 14 in the work title, so I can easily see the pay date in work views, etc…

Hope this helps!

Hi

Thanks @kylenecarse the work has the due date on it in the work and my week.  It is the allocating of emails with info, that can come in several weeks in advance, but is not due to be ran for a couple of weeks, but when you go to allocate the email to the correct month you can sometimes have 3 or 4 (or more if weekly) instances of that payroll, and you want to put to the correct work.  Just couldn’t see a way of doing this without going to the work and changing the status of the job, which ideally do no want to do until it is time for it

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Hazel Garden - what @kylenecarse is talking about is the naming of the work item, not the actual due date. You can set up the repeats so that every work item as a unique name, based on the time period. In @kylenecarse’s example, they are using the due date. This means their work items would show in any lists as:

• Payroll - Weekly Apr 14, 2023
  • Payroll - Weekly Apr 21, 2023
  • Payroll - Weekly Apr 28, 2023

This article here has more information about setting up the work naming. Pro tip: always include the year! 

The other setting change which might help is the Work Creation frequency (see this article). For Weekly work, our company only creates this 1 month in advance, so at any time we will only have 4 or 5 weekly work items.