Question

email follow up

• 23 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am missing the ability I had in Gmail to have add-ons such as Boomerang etc to remind me to follow up on emails. Has anyone come up with a workaround in Karbon?  

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I add emails to my week cleaning out my triage ‘inbox’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I do the same as @Ken Rogers.  I try to also add a comment so I know why I have put that email in My Week. 

If it is time sensitive, I will also assign it to myself with a start and due date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I also use My Week. It’s not terribly sophisticated, but it works well for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Another vote for My Week! And if it’s not something you need to follow up on soon (but still want to keep an eye on), you can move the thread to a future week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Another vote for My Week! And if it’s not something you need to follow up on soon (but still want to keep an eye on), you can move the thread to a future week.

@Rebecca Williams I think you’re the My Week cause and effect guru - it seems that if I add an email to My Week, say I reply and then drag it to Next Week, not expecting a response until then. If I receive a new email (this week), I have the email notification in Triage, but it stays in Next Week. I see it’s in My Week from Triage (but not which week), so I clear it. Then I will forget to reply until next week.

What do you do in this situation? 🙂
You’ve replied to an email and you don’t need to action it again now but want to later, either:
a/ if a reply comes in
or
b/ if no reply comes in

I originally thought a reply would bring it forward to This Week, alas not

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rebecca Williams I think you’re the My Week cause and effect guru - it seems that if I add an email to My Week, say I reply and then drag it to Next Week, not expecting a response until then. If I receive a new email (this week), I have the email notification in Triage, but it stays in Next Week. I see it’s in My Week from Triage (but not which week), so I clear it. Then I will forget to reply until next week.

What do you do in this situation? 🙂
You’ve replied to an email and you don’t need to action it again now but want to later, either:
a/ if a reply comes in
or
b/ if no reply comes in

I originally thought a reply would bring it forward to This Week, alas not

haha @SamG I wouldn’t go as far as guru! I don’t have a solution to that unfortunately (other than a feature request!). I think it should behave like a work item - where if it changes, it goes back into This Week, but I think that only happens when it’s put to Done anyway.

It’s like My Week V2 now needs more rules specifically for handling Notes/Emails! Loads of feature requests so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼