Question

Email Delegation

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I need an employee to send an email on my behalf (but make it look like it’s coming from me) and when the client respond it needs to go into my triage (inbox) and not theirs.

I know you can do this sort of thing with delegates in Gmail and I though Karbon was designing a process for this - can someone please tag me in this if it is in working now?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Hugh Crichton,

It’s not possible at present 🙁

The workarounds are:

1. Have them log into Karbon as you.
  2. Setup your current email address as a Shared Triage (that both they and you can access and send emails from). Any replies would go to the Shared Triage. You would need to setup a new email address for you to login to Karbon with. Not ideal.

Vote for these if you haven’t already:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can do this when sending client requests, but not when sending standard emails, as far as I know.

However, I wonder if Karbon could set up your delegate with a ‘Send From’ address. Best bet would be to contact support (support@karbonhq.com) to see if something like that is possible.

Your situation is a little different than others where this person isn’t managing your email but just sending on your behalf and then you take over management, so there may be a way.

Write back here and let us know what they say if you go that route?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Hugh Crichton,

It’s not possible at present 🙁

The workarounds are:

1. Have them log into Karbon as you.
  2. Setup your current email address as a Shared Triage (that both they and you can access and send emails from). Any replies would go to the Shared Triage. You would need to setup a new email address for you to login to Karbon with. Not ideal.

Vote for these if you haven’t already:

The “Delegate Triage” feature is what solves this.  Gmail(as I’m certain Office365 has as well) allows for delegate access to your email, say for an executive assistant, to reply to an email as themself OR as  you.  The shared triage feature is like a half-way point, but it’s not delegate access.  We’ve been asking for this for a long time(see the link in @SamG ‘s post...it began 2 years ago).