Question

Editing automators for 'client queries'

• 18 January 2024
  • 1 reply

We want to be able to ‘edit’ the client queries task for each client.  If our initial email can go out on a different date from when the work flow starts.  WE do not want the email to go to the clients the day the work flow starts as this is not when these items are due.  Due date for example is the 15th of the month, we would like reminders to start going out to the client on the 16th.  Is there a way to do this? i’ve been researching online, but can not find an answer.  I have tried to change this, but then it changes the work flow date.  We have removed the automator for a specific client because of this.  

The client marks off that they have done the specific tasks in order to stop receiving the reminders and yet they have not yet done the tasks they in fact, marked off.  So as the information we need from them is due the 15th we want this to go out to them on the 16th, basically when its overdue.  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Sherrie Morison,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve… you can change when the reminders are sent, e.g. every x days, so if you send the Client Request on the 8th, and have reminders set to 8 days, the reminders should start on the 16th?

Do you manually send the tasks or these are automated? Is the due date of the Client Requests 15th always and is the start date of the work item the same every time? 🙂

It does sound like the issue is mostly clients ticking off tasks they haven’t responded to yet (so reminding them don’t mark off a task you haven’t completed, or untick it as completed and leave a comment - that’s what we would do). Surely not all clients are doing that, I’d be banging my head against the wall! 😅