Solved

Edit Fee settings on repeating work or change the template - easily

• 1 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

7 Months in and we have some learnings.

We have a couple of different groups of clients where we have a fixed fee arrangement for a bundle of work items. We ideally want to change the repeating work fee details from fixed fee to time+cost.

How can we do this effectively as it is a 80 clients impacted.

icon

Best answer by SamG 1 February 2024, 22:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Jono Rees,

Two options:

1. Have someone go into the latest Work item of the repeating work (whichever one has had tasks and budgets created already) and manually make the changes. You should be able to export all work to see which ones are Fee Type: Fixed Fee
  2. Ask Karbon for a bulk update file: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/1820990-bulk-create-your-work-items it may cost you, but you’ll know whether that’s worth it or not.

We did the same once and went with 1.. someone junior did it and we exported All Work to check it was done.

What’s important is that the latest Work item of the repeating work schedule is changed. If not, and the latest Work item is still Fee Type: Fixed Fee, the next and future Work items will also be Fixed Fee.

I am interested to know why you are changing them from Fixed Fee to Time & Materials? We did the same, as I mentioned, and I wonder if it’s for the same reasons.