Question

Downloading client uploads on client tasks

• 29 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Does anyone know best practice for downloading client uploads on tasks. 

For example if a client uploads 6 separate image files of bank statements, I cannot drag and drop them, nor can I choose a ‘download all’ function like I can in an email.

Is there a workaround or a planned upgrade to Karbon to fix this?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi Imba,

If you go to the details tab of the work item, you will see recent documents at the bottom of the page. On the right side, click Manage. This will open a page with All Documents associated with the work. You will be able to select Download All from here.

We have added another step in the process to ensure we do not miss a document. Once a tasks documents have been downloaded and / or comments reviewed, we place an internal comment within the task documenting the download. This way, if a client then adds more documents we know which one’s we have not downloaded yet as they will appear after our comment within the task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I also like to put a thumbs-up symbol next to each document that has been downloaded.  It lets us and the client know their document has been received and acknowledged.  This also helps us check and make sure all documents have been moved.  If there is a thumbs-up, it is in that client's tax binder.  If they send in new documents, it is easy to see where to begin downloading documents within the task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I don’t believe they get an email for just adding a thumbs-up.  You would also need to add a comment somewhere for an email to be sent.  The program only sends an new comment email for activity that happens over a 5 minute period.  I copied the below text from a help article to clarify.

When you add a new comment, Karbon will wait five minutes before notifying your client by email. This is to consolidate any additional comments, uploaded documents and edits, rather than sending a new email for each one. Each time an update or edit is made, Karbon will reset the timer for five minutes before sending the email notification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Anything left in the Pink external comment box will be seen by the client.  If you leave it in the blue internal comment box, then no they will not see it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

DianeK,

Does the thumbs up actually get seen by the client? I thought this was an internal thumbs up only. Great to know if it does. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

For the visual learners, go to the details tab of the work:

Scroll down to the bottom to find the Manage button in the Recent Documents section:

Tap the Download All button: 

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks that’s great.

@DianeK I’m curious whether if you ‘thumbs up’ each document upload, will the client get an email notification for every thumbs up? We don’t want to bombard them with emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I also like to put a thumbs-up symbol next to each document that has been downloaded.  It lets us and the client know their document has been received and acknowledged.  This also helps us check and make sure all documents have been moved.  If there is a thumbs-up, it is in that client's tax binder.  If they send in new documents, it is easy to see where to begin downloading documents within the task.

This is great!  Definitely going to share with my team