Question

Disconnect Email

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Is there anyway to disconnect the sync between Outlook and Karbon?    Or possible only syncing one (or selected) folders from outlook to flow into Karbon?     only 10% of my emails need to be saved to client work and I don’t like seeing all the rest in Karbon.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Anna Thomsen, I don’t believe there is, but Contacting Support would be the best way to confirm 🙂

Actually, what you can do is click on the three dots at the top right of the message in Triage. Then select Low Priority and it won’t appear in your Triage feed. You’ll have to do it for the ones you don’t want but over time it will pretty much solve your problem

Thanks @SamG  and @Craig Lewis but I'm really hoping to find a way to completely disconnect my email from triage - or maybe a way to just connect 1 folder.   it seems useless to have 100’s of emails in low priority or cleared when they don’t relate to client work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Anna Thomsen,

It shouldn't change your experience to have those emails in Karbon 🙂

If they're emails you don't need at all, unsubscribe or delete them from your Gmail and they should disappear from Karbon I think (only Archived emails stay).

If they're emails you need to run your firm but don't relate to Karbon, they can live in Karbon. They won't get in the way of client emails because those emails will be tagged to Client Contacts or Work timelines.

The idea of Karbon is to manage your inbox in Karbon rather than managing it once in your email provider and once in Karbon (double handling).

Where do you see them that you don't like? Triage?

Anna - I have a call with Karbon Monday so I will ask them during my session and let you know what they say, if that helps

Just spoke to our rep at Karbon. You can disconnect your email from Karbon but you need to speak with Customer Support to do that.