Skip to main content

I was using Zapier to import contacts to start up but it kept failing. Then overnight it worked but in the meantime Karbon imported them for me. Now I have multiple copies of every contact. When I try to merge or delete them nothing happens. Is there some magic trick?

Hi @Nitya Sivam, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

That sounds like a frustrating experience. My thought would be that you could have Karbon roll back their import and leave your Zapier ones as long as all the data is there. My other thought would be to delete all and start over. Might be easier than trying to wade through and fix the duplicates.

Thanks much Max. I think I may have found something that may work. I am the only one using the program so I am setting up one copy of the contact for “My Contacts” and then I will rename all the duplicates with a zzz so that they only appear in the main contact list at the end. I’ll let you know how it works. Thanks much.

Just wanted to make a clarification. What was actually happening is the contact list dosn’t update automatically. I had to hit refresh each time I made a change to see the new list.