Question

Default Status

• 5 August 2022
  • 3 replies

How do we make our default work status "Planned" rather than Ready to Start? In Automaters I have set a new task status to Planned when created, and have turned off the automator that changes work from Planned to In Progress when it reaches its start date. But new created jobs just start as Ready to Start. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @BOS Office, welcome to the Karbon community! :)

You can change the default work status in settings → workflow → automators.

Does that help at all?

@max It's ignoring the automators unfortunately, which are set to do nothing when the job start date is reached. I've been chatting with support this morning and I need to send them a loom of whats going on. It works for future dated jobs, but I can't backdate the start without it flicking straight into In Progress. The work around is to manual change the status back, which is a bit of a faff, or I just wait until 2023 and we create all our repeating annual accounts jobs then. I'll see how wet the weekend is and if I want to spend a few hours on it now 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

OK, I think I understand your situation with Better. I will have to try it myself.

One thing that comes to mind right away, is that you can have a two-step Automator fire where are you set up a section to handle this at the beginning of the work item. Tell the first Automator to mark all the tasks in the current section complete when the work is in progress, and then a second Automator to mark the work as planned, when the task in your special section is complete.

I’ve use this in the past to automatically change the work status of the work item upon creation. There is no Automator setting to change the status of the work based on the status of the work, but you can set an Automator to change the status of tasks based on the status of the work, and then change the status of the work based on status of those same tasks.

Does that make sense?