Skip to main content

I love the idea of Karbon’s recently introduced feature of being able to add external deadlines to repeating work - my firm is based in Canada, and especially for corporate tax engagements I’d like to set external filing deadlines on all repeats (which fall 6 months after the company’s year-end, although internally we target earlier deadlines).

I’m having trouble configuring this - essentially when I’m setting up the repeat details for a work piece and I select the last Deadline menu option so that it will fall on “Day of (2nd, 3rd, ...) month after start month” (pictured below), I don’t get the second selection menu that normally pops up afterwards when I use this same option for setting internal deadlines that allows me to configure the month. I.e. this option seems to currently be hard-coded to the 2nd month after start date because I can’t seem to select any other month. 

Is this a glitch, or am I just doing something wrong here? I’ve done the usual troubleshooting: PC reboot, trying in a different browser, and hard-reloads of the page to bypass the cache (ctrl-F5) and those haven’t helped.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi @Rick Strowger, that sounds like a glitch or bug. We use the deadlines and push them out several months using the 15th day of the 3rd month, etc.

I would suggest checking with support by emailing support@karbonhq.com. I'm curious what they say, so write back when you get your answer. 😁

Thanks, @max - I’ll report back!