Custom Reminders Not Turning Off When Client Tasks Are Complete

• 14 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have found that even when a Work item is complete, or when the Client Tasks are complete, the Custom Reminders are not automatically turning off.

Is there a way to get EVERY Work item that has a reminder in a list so that we can turn off reminders one after the other without having to go into every single Work item? Or, can the Custom Reminders automatically turn off when the Client Tasks, or at minimum the Work item, is complete? There would be no reason for Reminders to stay on when the Work is complete...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cate have you reached out to support about this? It doesn’t sound like the expected behaviour at all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’ve never had reminder emails continue to send after the work is completed.  You don’t have to turn them off.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Rebecca Williams - no... I think this is just another of those Karbon things where it is taking the set-up literally and with no logic behind it. But I will… 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

… and I have that reversed - it will stay active until the 5 reminders have been sent. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@DianeK - I had never had to turn them off previously, either, but I started using Custom Reminders so that the reminder would go out merely to keep the link open and am wondering if using “Custom” is what is driving this issue (we used to use the Gentle Reminders). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cate if any task in the client checklist is open it will continue to send reminders, for example, if you have a client request which has 3 tasks, a reminder will go out until all 3 tasks are marked as complete.

The difference between Custom and Gentle is Gentle only sends reminders once the due date for a task has passed, whereas the due date is irrelevant for Custom reminders.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Cate can you please email support@karbonhq.com? If the work is completed (and all the tasks are therefore marked complete), the reminders shouldn’t be continuing.