Question

CRM

• 23 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

What do you all do about any kind of CRM stuff in Karbon?  In other words: I add a new contact. How do i tag that as being from a referral source or anything like that? 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Brian Davis Great question, and I wish I had a great answer for you.  This is something that has been requested to Karbon, as there isn’t a field readily available.  

We use the Description field on the Details tab to note the referral source for now.  It’s not a searchable field but at least the data is captured.  

I’ll try to find the feature requests on this topic and post back.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Here is a feature request that is Under Consideration:

Custom Fields / Tags | Karbon Community (karbonhq.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Brian Davis! 😀

Another option is to use contact groups. It’s a more programmatic-friendly way to achieve “tagging” in Karbon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@max do you find any issues with clients that are assigned to more than one group, with work assignments?  Sometimes we’ve noticed that not all work will appear under the related company group because some of it was linked to a different group they belong to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Work can only be associated with one client group, so if you are using tags as a way to keep track of work, I don’t think that will work. If you’re using it as a way to tag person and organization contacts, it works pretty well. we don’t use it a lot, but it’s something I’ve started to do with our client segments.. I put them in a client group for their industry. I can use that information in MailChimp to send emails to only those clients.