Question

Creating a Quote for Clients

• 19 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m reviewing the roadmap webinar for Q2 2023. I’m very interested in the Time & Budget and invoicing… but as we engage a client, we should be creating a quote…. Can you create a quote in Karbon????

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Cynthia Vincze, that’s a great question!

Many Karbon users use either Ignition or GoProposal for proposal and engagement services during the sales and renewal process.

I’ve heard some whispers that Karbon may be considering a way to move that function into the platform, but I’m not sure it’s happening any time soon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @max - thanks your input is appreciated! As I watched the roadmap - everything seemed backwards to me. I do in fact use Ignition to do my CPA engagement letters for Corporations, T1 (personal tax engagements), I also Quote (which is the MOST important function to me) AND do payment collection via Ignition (and sync to QBO) - but it’s SO expensive for those 2 functions! It seems Karbon is working on payment collection, but how do you jump into that without providing functionality for Quotes… ???

I saw the clip on email templates - that could suffice for engagement letters, but the quote is where it’s at - it’s a communication of expectations - 

I mainly use value based pricing so I don’t need to collect data/hrs - I simply can’t keep up with tracking hours etc - it’s so tedious! I understand I should adopt the time tracking within Karbon for my internal assessments (that’s another can of worms lol).

I think I’ve come a long way since Nov 2022, when I implemented Karbon, but I still have learning to do - and welcome any chances to do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We are in a similar situation, but we use GoProposal right now. I would love to see proposal functionality built into Karbon (when you say Quote, it sounds like it lines up with our proposals).

However, we do mostly time-billed work, so the invoicing and payment processing is more important for us, and I think for the majority of Karbon users, even though we all want to get to value billing, lol. I understand your perspective, however.

I haven’t looked to see if there are feature ideas in for quote/proposal functionality, but I have heard whispers it’s something Karbon wants to do.