Question

Create/Update Client tasks via API

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Karbon Client tasks is great for us to get quicker and more consistence client responses for file request and feedback etc.

As I am working with outside contractors service providers as well, which we currently using ClickUp to manage that part of the work, I am looking for way, if possible to for example to update or create a client task in Karbon based on certain triggers in ClickUP.

Currently the Senior Client Manager, which is the user on Karbon, will manually trigger or update the Client task in Karbon, based on events/status in ClickUp.

Don't know if this is something that is possible, or if possible just so complex to add that it is just better to do manual?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Herman, that’s a great question. I have not dug into that at all, but looking through the documents, you may be able to do something with this:

https://developers.karbonhq.com/api/#tag/ClientTaskComments/operation/ClientTaskComments_Post

You might also be able to use ClickUp to change the status of work (and use automations to update task status based on work status), however this doesn’t work with client requests. At the moment, the only way I know how to change the status of a client request is to manually check the box or the client checks’ the box.