Question

Copying and Pasting into emails

• 11 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sometimes I cut and paste items to include in an email to a client. Anytime I do this through Karbon, the snippet always looks massive and I can’t resize it. Are there any tips to improving this?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Welcome to the Karbon community @Fischbooks !

Are you attempting to copy and paste or paste a ‘screenshot’ into an email? It sounds like the latter, but I just wanted to confirm.

When copying and pasting, I use the Shift key to paste information without formatting.

When including a screenshot, I use the insert ‘image’ button at the bottom of the email. You can drag and drop into the dialogue box that opens or use the Upload feature. Then you have the option of resizing the image prior to inserting it in the email. 

Let me know if that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Jens, I’ll give it a try.

R

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Here’s a partially related feature idea. I would think notes and emails could be handled in a similar way:

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

If it’s text that you are copy/paste into Karbon you can highlight the text and click the down arrow in the formatting bar of the email it will take you to “more options” for formatting. Select “remove formatting” and the text size and font will return to the “normal” email font in Karbon. 

Userlevel 1

When using the snip app to get a screenshot, it’s not saved on my computer so would be a lot of extra steps to upload or drag and drop. Unless you can paste into upload box?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When using the snip app to get a screenshot, it’s not saved on my computer so would be a lot of extra steps to upload or drag and drop. Unless you can paste into upload box?

Same here Rivky, it’s not possible to paste screenshot on clipboard into upload box 🙁 definitely vote for this: 

I’m with Ricky and SamG - I came here specifically looking for this after months of frustration: as admin we are constantly using the snipping tool and screenshots to guide staff through instructions, show details to clients, and a dozen other things in a day. A simple visual can prevent so much email back-and-forth. Any email platform I’ve ever used allowed me to Ctrl-V an image into the body of the text and resize it to an appropriate scale. Saving to computer and uploading through a dialog box system is not an acceptable trade, in daily practice. 

I’m a new user to Karbon and am extremely surprised by this missing feature.

How are we expected to use the Triage and move away from Outlook if the most basic functionality of pasting and resizing an image in an email isn’t possible without several extra steps?

Incredibly inefficient to have a save and upload screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Vote for this @Brad Green 🙂

https://community.karbonhq.com/ideas/using-screen-shots-in-notes-can-i-resize-the-image-605