Question

Client Work Year Overview

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Newer user and wondering if there is a way to do a calendar view of work that is scheduled for a client? Ideally seeing a year snapshot that maps out the work over the course of the year - on a monthly basis - still listing work items that are set as recurring. Is there a feature I’m missing or is there a way to create something that will meet this need?  Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Colleen Kolobow,

Cool idea! There isn’t a way to do this in Karbon. You could put in a Feature Idea request for that here: https://community.karbonhq.com/ideas

A possible workaround… Work items can have a start and due date though and you can export a list of work for a client to excel: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/6038484-view-work-and-manage-work-views#h_32ef61b439

Maybe someone smart knows how to make a Calendar-looking chart from the data in excel? 🙂

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am not sure what you mean by a calendar view, but you can always select the Work option from the menu, then add a filter of the client you want to work on. This will display all the work items for that client in the Kanban view. At this point I find it helpful to hide empty columns.

You can then organise the work by start date or due date and you can use the Kanban view or the List view - whichever you prefer.

Also you can filter out work you are not interested in - such as completed work.

Does this help at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ian Jack,

Like this, but with work items listed on the relevant date.

Thank you @Ian Jack ! Yes, @SamG is correct in what I’m hoping for - but also in a Jan, Feb, March….so on format as well.

Listing the work in Kanban view doesn’t list recurring items in the future, does it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you @Ian Jack ! Yes, @SamG is correct in what I’m hoping for - but also in a Jan, Feb, March….so on format as well.

Listing the work in Kanban view doesn’t list recurring items in the future, does it?

Repeating work will be displayed in the Kanban format after it has been created. This is controlled by one of the Repeating Work Settings (Creation - Create Work).