Question

Client task/reminders are being send on the weekend

• 6 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We are new to Karbon (using it now for about 3 months). We like it, but we found one issue, and we can't think of any workaround, so I'm curious how other people deal with this.

For client tasks and reminders, you can send the work automatically once the work hits a specific date or status, but the issue is that Karbon will also send it on weekends, compared to new Works, we can move it back to a Friday before the start date, but for Client Task and Reminders, we don't have the option, for example, to move it to the following Monday.

We don't wan the emails to be send over the weekend for a few reasons;

1. We don't want our clients should think that were in the office working on weekends.
  2. If I send them tasks during the weekend, the email might get flooded with all his other emails. I want it should be fresh in his inbox Monday morning.

How do you deal with this?

Thank you

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Welcome to Karbon, David! Glad you like it. We've been in Karbon three years - and we like it too! It's changed how we run our firm.

This is an excellent question, and you've stated excellent reasons for this functionality. I can't think of a best practice or work around for this. I'd suggest submitting this as a Feature Request to the development team. Karbon is excellent about listening to their users!

If you're not familiar with submitting Feature Requests, please reply and myself or someone else in Community will point you in the right direction. 

Happy Triaging today!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This would definitely be a great feature request! Similar to the functionality in the repeating work scheduler of pushing work due dates to the Friday before if they fall on a weekend.

In case you need it, here’s how to submit feature requests in Karbon. Like Gary said, Karbon really does listen to feedback from their users.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Welcome to Karbon, David! Glad you like it. We've been in Karbon three years - and we like it too! It's changed how we run our firm.

This is an excellent question, and you've stated excellent reasons for this functionality. I can't think of a best practice or work around for this. I'd suggest submitting this as a Feature Request to the development team. Karbon is excellent about listening to their users!

If you're not familiar with submitting Feature Requests, please reply and myself or someone else in Community will point you in the right direction. 

Happy Triaging today!

Thanks Gary, I already submitted a feature request. 

I decided to posted it here to see if anyone has a workaround until they add this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi David!

We ran into a similar situation where we were sending client tasks on Friday with a 2-day reminder so the client got the tasks on Friday, completed them (but did not check them off) and then got a reminder on Sunday. What we have done is set reminders to no less than 3 days so that we don’t spam reminders on the weekends.

I don’t have anything better for the sending of new work. From my perspective, I like that the emails go out on the weekend as long as we don’t spam them. We have had good success getting information over the weekend and ready to go Monday morning.

One thing you could do is send the emails manually on Monday with custom reminders set to not hit the weekends.

I don’t think it’s the answer you wanted, lol, but that’s where we are at with it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Every 7 days is a favorite for longer project windows. That way you can send on a Monday and have the reminders happen on Mondays!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Every 7 days is a favorite for longer project windows. That way you can send on a Monday and have the reminders happen on Mondays!

Thanks, ye that is a good idea for longer projects! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As mentioned “every 7 days” will solve your issue.

As an asi​​​de, I never set it to 7, always opting for 6 or 8 (or less if request is more urgent).
Reasons being:

• this way it never hits their inbox on the same day of the week (if they didn’t respond today, they probably aren’t likely to respond next Monday either, but maybe I’ll have more luck on a Sunday or Tuesday)
  • happy to send a friendly reminder on a weekend (as long as we’re not spamming them), a lot of our clients (doctors) are working with patients during the working week and we typically have much more success obtaining things from them at night or on weekends
  • same could be true of clients in other professions - if they’re on the tools during the work week, the admin and accountants queries may get answered on the weekend (I am wholeheartedly against working outside of hours, but also acknowledge that is idealistic)
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Looks like we can vote on this thread over here, since someone made it a feature idea, unless there’s a workaround and I missed it: